Monday, August 9, 2010

Peanut Shells and Princesses!!

Look what I did today!!!! I have some anxiety about Sweet Pea going back to school. It's just me and Butterbean now, and it's very strange to have only one around the house...so, we decided we would be creative today, well, I should say "I thought we would be creative today"; she thought, "wouldn't it be great to destroy my room and throw peanut shells all over the floor".
Anywho, my birthday is coming up and we've decided to spend it at the Happiest Place on Earth...you know it...DISNEYWORLD!!!! I, of course, can hardly stand the wait, just the thought of spending the big 4-0 with my favorite characters makes me giddy. Not to mention, I love seeing my kids' faces when they see their favorites, I usually cry!! So, I normally make them a few outfits or something to wear while we are there...I love to have cute pics with coordinating clothes...it's a sickness. But I've decided I'm going no nonsense this time..shorts and tees will be their wardrobe for the Parks. I will be posting pics of the tshirts soon, but I'm having issues finding plain white tshirts that won't kill my pocketbook...I really didn't want to go with a boys undershirt, as they are usually too thin, but they may be what I have to do to keep it affordable. But I've been searching Etsy(also a sickness) and have found the most adorable barrettes ever!!! They have probably been around awhile, as there were quite a few sellers with different variations, but I'd never seen them before and being the copycat that I am, I just had to make them for the girls. Off to Walmart we went and it didn't take but an 1 1/2 to finish all four...can you tell who they are???






I think they turned out pretty good for my first try and both the girls loved them. Butterbean especially loved them. She wore them while she cleaned up the thousand peanut shells she dumped all over the floor!!! I swear I heard her singing "Cinderelly, Cinderelly Night and day it's Cinderelly, make the fire, fix the breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping, and the sweeping and the dusting, they always keep her hopping."
DRAMA QUEEN!!!!


10 comments:

  1. These are super adorable! Found your post at Sugar Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely adorable! My daughter would LOVE them!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want some of those for my daughter! They are so cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just way cute!! How fun! I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I love new friends and hope to see you there!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute!! My wee girl loves her Princesses and she would just squeal with delight at these! :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!! I'll be featuring them on Monday's Craftastic link party, so be sure to grab a featured button:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to show how you made them. PLEEZE!!

    ReplyDelete