Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Woes

Black Friday...I look forward to it every year...my best girlfriends and I have always gotten up at the butt crack of dawn and shopped until our feet were practically bloody stumps...well, that's kind of an exaggeration..but you get my drift. Except the one time we decided to hold out and not partake in the festivities, however, by 9:00 that morning we were so deep into D.T's we had no choice but to put on our shopping shoes and go. This year was going to be no different from year's past, we had a plan; the alarms were set and the coupons had been clipped. Unfortunately my body wasn't in on the plan. I woke myself up at 4:40 a.m. with a cough that made me think of barking dog. I decided to go ahead and get up..I'll feel better if I shower...that didn't happen. So at 5:15 I sent the dreaded text message to my peeps,"I can't make it"...I knew my day was going to consist of regrets. I would miss all the sales, all the bargains and all the sweat suit wearing,croc footed, bare faced women with the mad look of coupon crazed intoxication on their faces. What the hell was I thinking...feel better, feel better, FEEL BETTER!!!!! Well, I didn't, so I resorted to the next best thing, cyber shopping. Believe it or not, it wasn't half bad. I wore my bathrobe and drank coffee and I truly think I got better deals than I would have had I stood in line at a large retail chain. I actually accomplished goals on my to do list. Sadly, I missed quality time with my friends, that part I regret, I certainly can't get the hilarious entertainment they provide from staring at a computer screen. But the deals were good and I feel alot better this evening. Maybe next year I'll resume the Black Friday ritual, I did miss it, but this year was ok too. Besides, sometimes the best deals are the ones that you aren't expecting, just like the time I bought 25,000 cotton swabs for $5...it was a deal, and it certainly was unexpected...

No comments:

Post a Comment