Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shower caps for kids



My kids love to wear a shower cap...I don't know what the fascination is with these plastic head wraps, but they are the biggest fans...So, I thought to myself this year for Christmas I would buy them one of their own...They have been wearing mine, it is huge on them of course, but safety pins are a fix all for all things big. Anyway, much to my chagrin, there is no such thing as a child size shower cap...yeah, yeah, I know what you are thinking, sure there is, you've probably seen them hanging in the dollar store, but what I meant to say is there aren't any "really cute" shower caps for kids....So what's a crafty gal to do....make her own!!! I found fabulous caps for kids in the UK...but who knows how to purchase something from over there and honestly I just don't understand the whole money conversion thing...I'm sort of math challenged. I can't even do my six year olds first grade math, much less change euros into American money...but I did find a website belonging to our British neighbors that had stylish and fancy caps. I scoped out the design and went to my favorite store, Hancock Fabric, and wouldn't you know it, they had satin fabric on sale for 50% off...it was meant to be...a deal!!! I bought all the notions and accessories and headed home to venture into the unknown...I cut out a pattern from old wrapping paper (it was the biggest thing I could find) and used a shower curtain liner that I hadn't opened for the inner lining. They turned out FANTASTIC!!! I have posted pics here and on my Facebook page and wouldn't you know it, I've already gotten an order for one...I think I might try and sell them...you never know this could be my fortune...I could be the "Shower Cap Lady"...hmmm...we'll see, my friend Denise says they are awful...it's a good thing I like her or I would make one for her kids for Christmas...I know they would love it...her youngest would probably want to wear it to school!! Happy showering everyone.

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable!

    When I was little, my Great Gram made me a sleep cap similar to this, out of pink fabric with little strawberries on it. I adored it!

    Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!!! I love the silky fabric. Thanks for sharing!!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen a shower cap in real life - LOL! These are cute :)

    Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in ordering a cap! Please contact me at tdodd88@live.com

    ReplyDelete