Saturday, December 19, 2009

Spa Party...did someone say chocolate?

So today was Samantha's 7th birthday...I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday she was toddling around, sucking her pacis and singing at her Backyardigans 3 year old party...Sometimes I miss those days, but these days she is independent and is a girl who knows what she wants and likes...guess what? She likes spas!! I'm in so much trouble...everything she does now involves polish, makeup, smelly stuff galore. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact she is such a girly girl, but the expense is killing me and she isn't even wearing the stuff for real. This years party was a toss up between a party at Bath Junkie with ten of her closest friends or a spa party at home with many more friends and mom doing all the work. She chose the home spa party. I made invitations from a template I found at Martha Stewart online. They turned out so cute... I decorated with mainly a white and pink theme. I found some cute baskets at Hobby Lobby and filled them with pink bath puff, a headband, some rose petal soaps, a monogrammed washcloth that I made with my trusty embroidery machine and washcloths from Sams Club, and a sack of bath salts that we scented and colored at the party. We smeared the girls with a chocolate mask that was made from cocoa, honey, sour cream and oatmeal, it smelled awesome and looked like a thick chocolate frosting. It probably tasted good too, but I was too afraid to try it. I printed each girls name out on paper to mark their seat and added a charger with a white candle surrounded by silk daisies to each table. I covered the tables with a white paper tablecloth that I purchased from Sams Club, then added white hand towels that I also purchased at Sams, at every girls seat. The basket went on top of the hand towel and I added a clear plastic bowl and a popsicle stick for preparing the bath salts. I think all the girls truly had a great time, and I had a fantastic time planning it, but then again, that is my favorite thing to do...I'm a party girl!!! A party girl that has a four and seven year old and goes to bed at 9:00 every night! Anyway, the party was great, my sister made the most fantastic cake (if you ever need a cake you should really look her up at Iced and Sliced), and my baby had a great birthday. My girls are loves of my life, I want them to have memories of their childhood and birthdays. I want them to be able to share those memories with their children and remember how much fun they had. But most of all I want them to know how much they mean to me and that their mom would go above and beyond to make them feel special. Happy Birthday Sami!!!!







7 comments:

  1. Norah had a great time. She was telling my mom about it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! Looks like a fantastic time. I love the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! The baskets at the table are fabulous - love them. Great theme {makes me want a little girl - or simply have this party for myself!} The pink and green color combo is one of my favorites and looks wonderful. Another amazing cake too! Thanks for joining the Celebration Party! Another fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wish I had a girl! So cute!! Love the cake! Thank you for sharing and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cute idea - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer! I'm featuring this party today - Stop by and grab a feature button if you like! Thanks for submitting to the Celebration Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful ideas, glad you linked up to the party so I could find you, would love for you to stop by my party post.

    http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2009/08/happy-birthday-monkey-themed-birthday_03.html

    ReplyDelete