Thursday, May 6, 2010

Teacher's Gifts...Super easy!!!

Well, I had no choice but to pick myself up the oily floor and dust myself off.It was time to get back to crafting...School is about to end and I have to get teacher's gifts finished. So I scoured the bloggerworld and found a beautiful idea for a gift...please check out and follow Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful. She is phenomenal and has such unique and creative ideas...She always adds a tutorial and has some of the best ideas for using a Cricut. I have followed her for a while and she has never let me down...be sure to look around on her blog and check out all her tutorials.
So here are my completed teacher gifts...Here are the supplies you will need: First and foremost, click on the link above (for the tutorial); a composition book (.94 at Walmart)


and some decorative paper and/or card stock, and ribbon, . Now, I used Zig two -way glue on mine..only because I didn't have any double stick tape...but I'm sure either would be fine...plus, I'm really bad at lining up my paper, so I needed something I could reposition. Anyway, I really think they turned out great and I hope the teachers enjoy them. My friend Denise is a teacher and she has always said that as much as she appreciates all the gifts that her students bring her for different holidays and end of year...there are only so many places to put decorative candles and only so many body parts she can wash with bath products...however, nobody will ever say that she smells bad!!!!





On a side note: you will notice on Amanda's blog that she has a tutorial on how to make a decorative clipboard. Well, I tried it and it was a nightmare...um...when she tells you to use spray adhesive, USE IT!!! Don't try to use something else...I used it for the initial paper on the bottom, but when I had to reposition the paper it sorta got rippled. So I thought, I'm just gonna use a two-way glue for the top piece...it seemed to be ok, until I Modge Podged...then it bubbled up everywhere!! Oh well, I will definitely try it again, but next time I'm gonna follow the directions to a T...sorry Amanda for screwing it up, you are the Master...I'm your humble servant!! Happy blogging!!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. Love the choice of paper. I'd love if you linked up to my Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for quoting me on your blog, but I think it put the gree-gree on me! I finished teacher appreciation week one bag of Hershey's Kisses richer... no body wash. no candles. nothing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. These turned out gorgeous. I simply love the prints you used, fabulous gift! Thanks for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a scrapbooker, so I always have plenty of pretty paper around here. I am ABSOLUTELY doing to do this for my kids' teachers! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    Tenny @ My Crafty Life
    http://createwithtenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling, I just love the patterns you choose. Perfect, so fun. U know what to do, come on over and share, lol. Thanks Jennifer!!!!

    ReplyDelete