Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I got my swim trunks and my FLIPPIE FLOPPIES!!!

She's done it again...Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful has come up with a fabulous way to jazz up plain old flip flops into spectacular works of art (loosely speaking). So be sure to go to Amanda's blog and check out the tutorial on how to make these gorgeous rosettes. Then go back and see her tutorial on how to make her version of the flip flops...you can use her tutorial which is fabulous...or you can take make version and run with it...I made the rosettes using her tutorial...this was my first attempt at making these gorgeous gems, and I may have gotten them a little too tight...but they worked for what I was trying to achieve. So then, I decided I would modify her idea a bit. I have two girls, so when I see something that I can utilize in their wardrobe...I always try to figure out a way to use it to my advantage. What I decided to do, was make them interchangeable (I wish Blogger had sound effects...I would definitely have added a lightening bolt sound at this sentence).
I glued felt to the back of my rosettes (which you will notice I didn't do in my picture...I figured out later that I would have to or when they pulled it off the rosette would get tugged on and possibly fall apart...the green one has it's own piece of felt on the back). Then I hot glued velcro dots to the back of them....I then cut an identical piece of felt and added the opposite side of the velcro to the plain piece of felt...(to make this easier..I attached the velcro to itself than added glue and placed the plain piece of felt on top...that way it all lined up).



I then had a rosette with velcro and a plain piece with velcro that can be easily slipped under the shoe and changed out with different color rosettes as needed....












Both my girls wore a pair to school today...



these are perfect for summer and I can't wait to start making rosettes in every color....did I mention I love Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful...I think I'm going to start a fan club for this woman...she is a genius...

11 comments:

  1. SHUT UP. That's so adorable! I can't wait to try it! Join our saturday linky party and share your genius idea!

    nv-craftenvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those!!!! I am having a linky party and I would love for you to link these up. nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I would love for you to link up at my blog http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flip flops, and these are great!!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea! Very good way to match cute summer dresses and outfits, without breaking the bank with new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are too cute! What a fun idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to dress up some flip flops! I love that idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cute! My girls would love these. They are a great dress/but playful combination. I am filing this at thecraftersfilebox.com.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer...you are totally giving me the big head with all of your niceties!!! You are much too kind...and very funny.

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your version of these flops! What a fantstic idea to make the rosettes interchangable(lightning bolt sound effect)!! Thanks for sharing your version...it is great.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love visiting your blog. It is such a pretty blog, too.

    I have an award for you over at Pittpat Paperie. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete