Tuesday, September 28, 2010

EEK!!!! It's a Mantel!!!!

I'm so elated that it is finally Fall!!! My absolute favorite time of the year. I love the nip in the air, the look of mum's on a porch and of course decorating!!! I finally finished my mantel this week and I think it turned out spookalicious!!! I did a little buying and crafting on this mantel, most of the decor I purchased at Michael's however, some of it I purchased at the thrift store and crafted it up!!!
I love the glittered pumpkins from Michael's...
I found this small candle holder at the thrift store and the skull at Michael's...a little spray paint and glitter....eerie huh???
Hello Cricut....my old friend!!!!

I purchased these candles at Michael's, then found this precious spider web clip...I pinned it on with a straight pin....precious!!!
So, what do you think?
I stole...I mean borrowed...my girls black and white boa to use for filler......and added some ribbon to the $4 tin containers I found at Michael's. The branches(spray painted black) were free off a tree in my yard...and I added the glitter crow....
I adore it...my only wish is that I wouldn't get the itch to continue to change it...I have a problem leaving well enough alone...we'll see...maybe some decor for the hearth...hmmm!!!

9 comments:

  1. You have the cutest mantle!!! It's the best halloween one I have seen!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the metallic orange urns w/ black trees and polka dot ribbon! Glitter & bling, always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've officially made Halloween decorating gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUte! I did my mantle with a boa too!! How could anyone go wrong with that?! Found u @ its so very cheri
    -kat
    http://katray.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to Halloween-up my mantle! So easy to switch out some black candles, etc. :)

    Thanks for linking with Whatever Goes Wednesday at someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love this time of year! I love decorating for it! It looks Fabulous!
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I know what you mean about wanting to change it all the time. I just posted my Halloween mantel today and I keep wanting to tweak it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEK I love it! The orange buckets with sticks are great and the boa w/ glittery black pumpkin is fab. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, your home is looking so pretty all dressed up for autumn is excellent, how you did the shelf in your breakfast room is gorgeous. The apothecary jars filled with candy corn and autumn gourds, my favorite! The fabric on the pumpkin does look retro.
    remote controlled jet

    ReplyDelete