Saturday, April 3, 2010

Our Work Here is Done!!

We are now finished with our Easter preparations...here is the Sunflower Peep Cake we made...well, Butterbean helped...Sweetpea was too busy with her program "Sonny With a Chance" to be bothered with helping. But it turned out precious. If you haven't seen them done before, there are numerous examples on the internet, however, we did ours a little different. Instead of the Peeps being upright, we turned ours upside down, that way we got more of a sunflower petal effect. Then we added a fondant ladybug (note to self..remember to slather hands with Crisco before coloring your fondant next time, now I have nice red hands for Mass tomorrow) and we used cocoa powder to color the middle above the chocolate chips. Let me know what you think and we are off the enjoy the rest of the afternoon!


8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!!! Thinking I need to go on a Peep run lol For Easter I'm making your resurrection rolls with my 13yr old step son. Thanks for the great ideas! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cake.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

    Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Peeps are my favorite! What a creative idea. I'm going to stock up on peeps and will have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It looks so great! Wish I could take a bite through the computer monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absoulutely love this idea! So cute I will definitely try it out in the future:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My aunt made this last year, but she used the peeps right side up, with the heads aimed towards the center. It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake is so great! Thanks for linking up to the Weekend Wrap Up Party!

    I hope you will link up and show us more of your projects!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only is this beautiful, but it looks much too delicious! I want to eat it ALL!

    ReplyDelete