Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail!!!

Can you believe Easter is right around the corner...I'm telling you, I had no idea it was so early this year. I don't know why this surprises me, I am Catholic. I know when Lent starts you have approximately 40 days to go before Easter...All I can say is my brain is hiatus!!! Anyway, I decided today would be a great day to start decorating my front porch for the upcoming holiday. The little one and I went to Big Lots, which I have to tell you is one of my favorite places to shop for holiday crafts. I decided not to use the mesh ribbon I have used for the last couple of holidays, mainly because I don't have time to order it, but, I also wanted something different. I found some of the most precious baskets. They were slanted and a fun fuschia color. I think they might be for periodicals or magazines or something, but I loved the color and they didn't have a handle, which is what I was looking for. They (Big Lots) had some fake tulips in a pot wrapped in bright yellow paper. They aren't the best looking faux flowers I have seen, but they will work for $4...I bought two pots..oh..and the baskets were also $4...I purchased one bunch of unpotted pink tulips for $4, then cut them and planted them into the pot with the yellow flowers. Then $1 for green basket grass and some precious little pin wheels to put in the back of the arrangement....I did have to cut the wooden dowel on the pinwheels to shorten them up a bit, but after I did that, they were perfect. I picked up a very cute kitchen mat for $5, however, I will use it for a front door mat. Phew!!!My work for the day is finally done....I really love the way it turned out. As soon as the weather cooperates, I will find some nice ferns or something to put around the porch and maybe some pink and yellow throw pillows for the white wicker chairs and couch to add some color...I LOVE SPRING!!! It can't come soon enough, well maybe a few more weeks of winter so I can take some of this weight off before boating season...but that's another story...enjoy my pics and let me know what you think.



Precious welcome mat $5





Basket with tulip pot, added pink tulips, grass filler and pinwheel..$13













Total for all decorations from Big Lots....$30

2 comments:

  1. Love me some Big Lots! Your decor looks great! Can you believe it's almost spring? I sure can't not with the Michigan snow storms we keep having-- We'll have them up until July..

    :)

    Thanks for linking up!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute! ehat a perfect welcome into your house!!

    ReplyDelete