Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I have "cloche" envy....

I've been lurking around the blog world the last few days and have been seeing these incredible cloches. There are so many talented people out there and I am so seriously jealous...So decided I would purchase one and try it myself...guess what..those little bell shaped boogers are "spensive"....so, I looked around the house and found a few things that I thought I could make work, (I had actually been to the thrift store last week and found alot of glass vases that I thought I could use for a candy buffet, I bought 10 of them for under $5)....I used one of the vases a and tealight holder...hmmm...I could stack this on that and it looked pretty cute....




I then thought to myself that it need something on top...well my pack-ratism paid off...At Christmas I had purchased some fragrance reeds and the bottles were really neat, but I especially loved the tops and I saved them in case I ever had a need...woohoo...check this out....











I used my favorite E-6000 glue and put it all together...by the way, I had to use canned air to make the glue dry a little to make it stiff enough to hold the top finial...







At Wally World they had clearanced these nests and eggs, they were each $1....and I put it inside...it's so cute. But once I got started I couldn't stop...I had some vases from Christmas...I stacked one on top of the other and I liked it too...I added one of my McCarty bunnies underneath and a candle on top...tied a yellow ribbon. I loved it. I played with the Easter grass...first blue, then green...I think I'm sticking with the green...It brings out the green in my Gail Pittman rabbits. I think I have finally settled on vase on top of vase and handmade cloche standing alone.






I couldn't decide if I should put the new handmade cloche on top of the inverted vase...it was really cute that way too..








What do you think..The total project cost me $3...I love it...It might be a little much, but I tend to go overboard with everything. I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...






The end result...The 2010 Gundlach Easter Mantel!!!! Streaky mirror and all!!!

5 comments:

  1. turned out great!!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - come and check it out!!
    http://madebystephie.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea. I have cloche envy also. I'm on the hunt for something at the thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a pack rat does come in handy..that's what I tell my husband all the time.:) The bird nest looks adorable in it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a thing for cloches too. I am contemplating how I can recreate some too. Love using something in such an unplanned way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore cloches, too, and I haven't found any for sale in my price range either. You came up with some pretty innovative ways to make a cloche!

    ReplyDelete